Firefighters Informed of Trapped Dog
Firefighters responded to a huge fire that engulfed a barn in Warwick Township, Pennsylvania. As they were getting ready to battle the flames, a neighbor approached one of the firefighters to say that a dog has been trapped inside the barn.
Ryan Balmer, a firefighter from an all-volunteer fire company called Lititz Fire Company, immediately took action. He shattered the window in order to enter the burning building. When inside, Balmer instantly found the scared pup and transferred her to safety through the window.
The pooch ran away from the burning barn and headed for her humans.
Fortunately, no one got hurt in the rescue. The firefighters positively extinguished the fire with the aid of EMS and other local fire stations.
Helmet Camera Footage
Footage from the helmet camera of firefighter Balmer was posted by the fire department. Usually, they treat the situation as a “surround and drown”. This means that they surround the structure, protect any close-by exposed structures, and release massive amounts of water on the blaze until it goes out.
They also explained that those that are first-in crews are in charge of stretching handlines to establish water. It’s rare for a barn fire to become a rescue situation, but in this case, it surely was.
They are thankful for the quick acts of Firefighter Ryan Balmer during that day to save the pup’s life.
Volunteer Firefighter Praised
In the comment section, one person gave his thanks to Firefighter Balmer, adding that the situation looked scary! He also thanked all the companies who helped put the fire out.
In the footage shared, the fire department added a disclaimer saying you may need to grab a tissue.
Source: Bloomberg Quicktake: Now on Youtube