A little black puppy meant no harm to anyone, but the locals did not want her for some reason. They gave her food, which she happily accepted and ate. But little did the poor animal know that the piece of meat she ate had poison. Soon, she fell sick and felt severe pain. Terrified and agonized, the puppy walked away and attempted to seek help. Eventually, her frail body gave up, and she fell into a grassland. She was helpless, so she cried and whined, hoping someone would hear and help her.
After a short while, a Good Samaritan heard the little puppy’s cries of distress. He looked where the sound came from, and he was astonished to see her lying on the dirt. He quickly grabbed his phone and contacted Tanja Vidergar of Zavod Pit, a non-profit animal rescue group in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Tanja knew she had no time to waste, so she hurriedly went to the rescue site. She gently scooped up the puppy and rushed her to the nearest emergency animal clinic. While on their way, she tried to comfort the puppy and named her Blacky.
Little Black Puppy immediately received medical care, and after her first treatment, she felt a little better. She ate without assistance, but she wasn’t completely out of the woods. The following night, she suffered neurological attacks and had to be under close monitoring.
The vets performed further tests, and the results confirmed the puppy was positive for the dog plague virus that caused her high fever and inflammation of her lymph nodes. Her condition wasn’t stable, but her rescuer and her entire vet team did their best to keep her alive.
Slowly, Blacky felt better as the days passed by. She no longer had seizures after about a week, but she continued to receive medications to ensure her complete recovery. And before long, the vets cleared her of all her medical issues.
Tanja assured Blacky that she’d have a wonderful life at the shelter. But she also promised to help her find a home she could call her own. She worked hard to find her perfect match, and before long, she was on her way to her new home.